IDG Premium Subscription: Value Proposition
IDG Premium offers the IDG Primary Subscription, with 6 in-depth reports on the global video game industry per year, along with IDG Digital, which features 4 quarterly research reports on the key trends in the digital gaming markets.
- Direct analytics access: the client gains direct access to IDG’s Analytics Team for any ad hoc requests, including periodic phone consultations to discuss industry trends.
- Library of past reports: in addition to the 10 reports throughout the year, the client will also gain unlimited access to any of IDG’s older archive of reports.
- Complimentary industry presentation: the client can also leverage IDG for one complimentary industry presentation per year, on a key research topic or an area of interest for the client.
IDG Primary: 2018 Publication Schedule Overview
6 publications are distributed throughout the year, consisting of 3 in-depth Industry Forecast Updates, one Annual
Industry White Paper on the entire global market, and 2 Industry Thought Pieces.
1) March 2018 – Annual Games Industry White Paper
- 2017 Year in Review for North America, Europe, and Japan
- Major compendium of the entire global video game industry
- In-depth coverage at the country level for major territories and Rest-of-World markets
- Updated forecasts of key gaming markets through 2022
- Insights and analysis on emerging industry trends
2) May 2018 – Global Forecast Update
- Analysis of Q1 2018 gaming trends
- Revised industry forecasts for console retail and digital to 2022
3) July 2018 – IDG Thought Piece #1 (topic to be determined)
- IDG publishes two Thought Pieces per year based on industry trends, client demand, and skill set fit
- Past July Thought Pieces include “Navigating the Steam Market,” “The Anatomy of a Hit,” “The Economics of Game Publishing,” “New Frontiers in Gaming: VR/AR,” and “Digital Gaming Market Study”
4) August 2018 – Global Forecast Update
- H1’18 in Review for North America, Europe, and Japan
- Detailed analysis on the console market and revised projections through 2022
5) October 2018 – IDG Thought Piece #2 (topic to be determined)
- Prior October Thought Pieces have included an in-depth report on the Esports Market, the Latin America
- Games Market (Brazil, Mexico, ROLA) and an Asian Gaming Market Study
6) November 2018 – Global Forecast Update and Holiday Preview
- Review of Q1-Q3’18
- Revised industry forecasts through 2022 and Holiday 2018 Preview
IDG Digital: 2018 Publication Schedule Overview
4 publications, which include a quarterly update to IDG’s proprietary Digital Market Model, are to be distributed to
our client base throughout the year. IDG Digital covers the following digital game segments:
- Digital Console
- Digital PC
- Release schedule: February, May, August, November
Research coverage includes the following features:
- Segment snapshots showing revenue estimates and key trends for each category
- Insights into economics and competitive trends
- Assessment of emerging trends and use cases, including VR/AR/MR, esports, and streaming
- Recent M&A/investments/partnerships in the digital space
- Granular 5-year forecasts out to 2022 by category, platform, and revenue stream delivered in Excel